Runboard.com
You're welcome.





runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3 ... 70  71  72  73  74 ... 211  212  213 

 
Bellelettres Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 11-2008
Posts: 6885
Karma: 16 (+27/-11)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


Shadow won't know. Cats are self-contained. When they fall, they land on their feet.
8/12/2019, 11:22 am Link to this post PM Bellelettres
 
Miz Robbie Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Head Administrator

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 10475
Karma: 17 (+44/-27)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


quote:

Shetaki wrote:

It is the coming of the new age and all of the stress it entails. The words unspoken of yesteryear. How does the world feel now? emoticon



When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius
Aquarius


Been there. Done that.



---
Robbie
8/12/2019, 12:33 pm Link to this post PM Miz Robbie
 
CooterBrown44 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 01-2017
Posts: 5767
Karma: 13 (+28/-15)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


Yep. Been there and done that.

I've also had batshit cats during this time. Yep.
8/12/2019, 1:02 pm Link to this post PM CooterBrown44
 
bricklayer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 2019
Karma: 8 (+12/-4)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


I hesitate to say it for fear of jinxing myself, but it looks like the car is fixed. I took it for an extended test drive and couldn’t duplicate the problem. And they applied the labor from the first failed effort to the second successful try. They worked on it for 8 hours and charged for 5. It is far less than I feared and expected to pay. It feels good to have all of the vehicles operational. Sandy is getting tires for her Toyota which will complete the maintenance routine for the three vehicles.

I’ll have a Silver Margarita, please, Ramundo. And drinks for all my friends on my tab. Drink hearty, folks.
8/12/2019, 1:45 pm Link to this post PM bricklayer
 
Miz Robbie Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Head Administrator

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 10475
Karma: 17 (+44/-27)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


quote:

bricklayer wrote:

I hesitate to say it for fear of jinxing myself, but it looks like the car is fixed.



YAY!

(I won't add more for fear of contributing to a possible jinx.)

---
Robbie
8/12/2019, 2:18 pm Link to this post PM Miz Robbie
 
bricklayer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 2019
Karma: 8 (+12/-4)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


quote:

Miz Robbie wrote:

quote:

bricklayer wrote:

I hesitate to say it for fear of jinxing myself, but it looks like the car is fixed.



YAY!

(I won't add more for fear of contributing to a possible jinx.)



 Thanks, Robbie. 😎
8/12/2019, 2:20 pm Link to this post PM bricklayer
 
Miz Robbie Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Head Administrator

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 10475
Karma: 17 (+44/-27)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


quote:

Shetaki wrote:

BCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRS

Are you scared? Not evenly nervous, more like terrified?

It is the coming of the new age and all of the stress it entails. The words unspoken of yesteryear. How does the world feel now? emoticon



Was this just a drive-by or had you planned to tell us what it means?

---
Robbie
8/12/2019, 2:44 pm Link to this post PM Miz Robbie
 
JustLis Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 10663
Karma: 35 (+55/-20)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


Woohoo, Brick! Thank you! I hope the fix holds!

One Lisberry margarita over here, please....

Well, my lovely cough has turned to bronchitis. So I'm hacking away and my voice has turned to a deep bass. Anyone needing a fourth for a barbershop quartet??? emoticon

I love hearing all of the history.... A group of us ended up on a site called The People Speak. It really worked well until the usual troublemakers arrived, and the site had no means of keeping them out. It became disastrous, the server hosting the site shut us down, and I think I just stayed away from political sites for quite some time after that....

---
Lis

Just one voice.... Singing in the darkness....
8/12/2019, 3:09 pm Link to this post PM JustLis
 
Bellelettres Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 11-2008
Posts: 6885
Karma: 16 (+27/-11)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


Congrats, Brick! I predict that your car will keep running.

You may be the next Mephistopholes in "Faust" at the Met, Lis.

Last edited by Bellelettres, 8/12/2019, 3:21 pm
8/12/2019, 3:19 pm Link to this post PM Bellelettres
 
JustLis Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 10663
Karma: 35 (+55/-20)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


Your crystal ball is showing, Belle! *G*

---
Lis

Just one voice.... Singing in the darkness....
8/12/2019, 3:20 pm Link to this post PM JustLis
 
badhorsie Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 09-2017
Posts: 198
Karma: 1 (+1/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


Ramundo - a drink of Brick's choice to celebrate his car, a Lisberry Margarita for it's namesake, a Malbec for Belle, a chardonnay for Robbie, an aged bourbon for Cooter. Just water for me and Shetaki - we're sharing a tab of the purple microdot.
8/12/2019, 3:46 pm Link to this post PM badhorsie
 
Bellelettres Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 11-2008
Posts: 6885
Karma: 16 (+27/-11)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


Thanks, badhorsie. What is a Malbec? And what is the purple microdot? (The things you know!)
8/12/2019, 3:49 pm Link to this post PM Bellelettres
 
Miz Robbie Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Head Administrator

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 10475
Karma: 17 (+44/-27)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


quote:

JustLis wrote:

I love hearing all of the history.... A group of us ended up on a site called The People Speak. It really worked well until the usual troublemakers arrived, and the site had no means of keeping them out. It became disastrous, the server hosting the site shut us down, and I think I just stayed away from political sites for quite some time after that....



Oh my heavens, I'd forgotten all about The People Speak! You and Rhiannon were the moderators. No wonder you've never wanted to be a moderator again!

---
Robbie
8/12/2019, 4:33 pm Link to this post PM Miz Robbie
 
Miz Robbie Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Head Administrator

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 10475
Karma: 17 (+44/-27)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


quote:

Bellelettres wrote:

And what is the purple microdot? (The things you know!)



Yike! I Googled it! It's an LSD delivery method.

---
Robbie
8/12/2019, 4:36 pm Link to this post PM Miz Robbie
 
JustLis Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 10663
Karma: 35 (+55/-20)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


quote:

Miz Robbie wrote:

quote:

JustLis wrote:

I love hearing all of the history.... A group of us ended up on a site called The People Speak. It really worked well until the usual troublemakers arrived, and the site had no means of keeping them out. It became disastrous, the server hosting the site shut us down, and I think I just stayed away from political sites for quite some time after that....


Oh my heavens, I'd forgotten all about The People Speak! You and Rhiannon were the moderators. No wonder you've never wanted to be a moderator again!


Yes, that was awful.... Panama Hank and someone else whose name I've forgotten (Who was his sidekick?) had gotten in and were starting fights with everyone. I think Rhi was gone, and I was on vacation so I didn't have access to a computer. I think maybe I was on the phone to Susan a few times while it was all going on. They shut down the board soon after I got back. It. Was. Awful. It's all about the personalities of the people on the board and their willingness to engage with others responsibly. That's why I like it here.

---
Lis

Just one voice.... Singing in the darkness....
8/12/2019, 5:27 pm Link to this post PM JustLis
 
CooterBrown44 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 01-2017
Posts: 5767
Karma: 13 (+28/-15)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


Thanks for all of the free drinks! I need waking up so I'll have some Wild Turkey Rare Breed.
8/12/2019, 5:43 pm Link to this post PM CooterBrown44
 
badhorsie Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 09-2017
Posts: 198
Karma: 1 (+1/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


Sorry if I mystified any people. Belle, I apologize, maybe I have you mixed up with Birdz. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed anymore, and both your names begin with B, like mine. I think she likes the red wine called Malbec.

I am mystified that any baby boomers would be mystified by a joking reference to purple microdot. A sixties, Woodstock, hippie type reference to a hallucinogenic drug. But maybe it's just that I come from a geographic center of the counterculture, and I take it for granted that others were exposed to that too. I was one of the biggest hippies around, and still consider myself one.
8/12/2019, 6:12 pm Link to this post PM badhorsie
 
Miz Robbie Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Head Administrator

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 10475
Karma: 17 (+44/-27)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


quote:

badhorsie wrote:

I am mystified that any baby boomers would be mystified by a joking reference to purple microdot. A sixties, Woodstock, hippie type reference to a hallucinogenic drug. But maybe it's just that I come from a geographic center of the counterculture, and I take it for granted that others were exposed to that too. I was one of the biggest hippies around, and still consider myself one.



I was never cool, alas.

---
Robbie
8/12/2019, 6:23 pm Link to this post PM Miz Robbie
 
JustLis Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 10663
Karma: 35 (+55/-20)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


Alas, I was born 15 years to late to enjoy the 60s, Badhorsie. No microdot in my frame of reference....

---
Lis

Just one voice.... Singing in the darkness....
8/12/2019, 7:07 pm Link to this post PM JustLis
 
Miz Robbie Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Head Administrator

Registered: 08-2017
Posts: 10475
Karma: 17 (+44/-27)
Reply | Quote
Re: The Rumpus Room II


quote:

Miz Robbie wrote:

quote:

Shetaki wrote:

Are you scared? Not evenly nervous, more like terrified?

It is the coming of the new age and all of the stress it entails. The words unspoken of yesteryear. How does the world feel now? emoticon



Was this just a drive-by or had you planned to tell us what it means?



I'm about done with Shetaki. She has offered nothing of any substance in any thread, and occasionally drops in to do a drive-by post that she doesn't explain.

Who needs it?

---
Robbie
8/12/2019, 7:15 pm Link to this post PM Miz Robbie
 


Add a reply

Page:  1  2  3 ... 70  71  72  73  74 ... 211  212  213 





You are not logged in (login)
Back To Top